About MINDS Scholarship Programme
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies was founded in 2010. It is an Africa-wide institute and its mission is to formulate policies that will help develop the African Institutions. They work to solve the immediate, midterm as well as long-term developmental goals comprehensively and in an aggregate manner.
MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development 2022
MINDS is providing an opportunity for African students who want to pursue Master’s or Honors level degrees in a foreign nation. The scholarship aims to encourage students with leadership potential and who will simplify as well as improve the relationship between African countries.
Individuals with an excellent academic record, ability to lead and interest to study in a country other than their own within the African continent can apply for the scholarship.
The scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition.
- Food and accommodation.
- Cost of one return ticket during the course.
- Fixed monthly allowance in the form of a stipend.
Note: The stipend for each student is calculated individually so it is disclosed to the beneficiaries only.
Candidates must pass the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. There should not be any exceptions or the application will be rejected:
- The candidate must either be a citizen or a resident of an African country.
- The candidate must have a formal acceptance from one or more than one preferred institution by MINDS. The Institute must not be in their own country.
- The candidate must have a formal acceptance letter by one or more than one preferred institution by MINDS for postgraduate level study within the upcoming year.
- The candidate must have a minimum score of 70% in each subject in the final two years of the completed study.
- The candidate must provide the necessary information exhibiting their leadership abilities as per the application requirements.
- The candidate must submit the form with all the documents required.
- The preferred instituted by MINDS are:
- East Africa
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- Southern Africa
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- North Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- West Africa
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
- East Africa
How to apply?
The application must be submitted online. The candidates need to register an account before accessing the form.
Candidates can submit as soon as they get their formula acceptance from a preferred university by MINDS.
All the mentioned documents must be uploaded with the application form or the application will be rejected.
- Certified copy of the data page of the passport.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and records of the final two years of study.
- Certified copy of the formal acceptance letter from the university and it must:
- be addressed to the candidate.
- Mention the course in which the candidate is accepted.
- Mention the year of the commencement of the study.
- Mention the duration of the study.
- Certified copy of student permit or visa OR application proof for either.
- A well-devised Curriculum Vitae, should not be more than four single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters describing the candidate’s leadership potential and integrity. It should also address the allegiance of the candidate toward bringing development to the African continent.
- The size of any attachment must not be over 2MB in size.
- The documents are to be uploaded in PDF format only.
The applications are open for the scholarship throughout the year.
Any queries can be sent directly to MINDS
Via email at: [email protected]
Telephone at: +27 (0) 11 325 0501
Investment Place, Block C